Sunday, February 10, 2013

Eric's Pinterest Birthday

When you are poor, you have to get creative for holidays and birthdays. This year I found the perfect gift for Eric on Pinterest (okay, maybe it was perfect for me). I love to travel and since Eric hadn't been anywhere out of the country we thought it would be fun to save up and take a trip to Europe. Then we had a little surprise and found out we were having a baby. Two people in school and a baby = no $ for Europe.

So instead of really traveling to all these places, I got Eric a passport to love around the world. It includes a themed date for each month of the year in a different "country".


Yes those are fake airline tickets and a passport...I was so excited while I was making these!


We started off in Thailand, since Eric loves Thai food. 


                                                   
 I had to throw in a Ruby picture.  


She was as excited to go to Thailand as Daddy was! 

We went to Original Thai in Rexburg. 


And our trip was suppose to end with beautiful flying lanterns which I imagined would look like the scene from Tangled, even though we only had two. Eric was too scared to light them off for fear we might catch a building on fire. So we returned home to watch a horrible Thai movie with English subtitles which we ended up turning off.

We are looking forward to February's date in Italy and hoping things go a little smoother! And I found a better place to light off the lanterns so Eric won't be so scared. More posts to come from our trip around the world :)

1 comment: