Saturday, March 2, 2013

The "Solids" Adventure

Solids or no solids...that is the question! Ruby has been trying to grab food out of our hands and drink out of our cups. I started to read up on solids only to become more confused and cause a new mom to be even more paranoid.

"Solids before the right age can make your baby obese"
"Their tongue-thrust reflex isn't gone and you may cause them to choke"
"New research shows they don't need anything until 6 months"
"Start them at 4 months if...."
"Make your own food"
"Don't make their food, they need the added iron"
"But they don't need added iron until 6 months"

AH! So after phone calls and texts to my sister, sister-in-law, and mommy friends, I decided to go ahead and just give her a little oatmeal. Eric and I thought it was pretty fun and I think Ruby enjoyed it too. It only made us miss our families and wish we could share little moments like these with them... especially since no one else cares what Ruby's face looks like when she tries her first bite of oatmeal except for maybe them....okay maybe just Eric and I. But we will share our terrible cell phone pictures and sideways videos anyways :)

                                                                    
 "Okay ready!"

                                                                 
  "Give me some"


"What the...."


"Say...not too bad!"
Ruby's first food video
Ruby Video

No comments:

Post a Comment