Sunday, August 4, 2013

Party Like an Egyptian

I have been slacking on the "Around The World" themed dates. So I figured it's time to get back on it! This month was Egypt. I planned this on a very tight budget and was so proud of myself! Like I have said before, I think I enjoy these dates more then Eric does.

Eric with his passport and ticket all ready to go! 
Anyways, so I told Eric he couldn't go to Egypt without a little Pharaoh makeup and he just wouldn't do it. I begged and pleaded...but he knew that I would post pictures. Oh well. So I first had Eric decode his hieroglyphic message-



"An archaeologist on a dig, in the basket treasure is hid" 

I hid some chocolate in the laundry basket (it has clean clothes) in Ruby's crib. And yes it was required that he share the chocolate. And for all those who don't know... my artistic ability is seriously lacking. But I thought it turned out well.



Then we moved to the Pyramid in the living room (the 2 couches turned around with a high chair in the middle, covered with a sheet). It had grapes for Eric to eat and I gave him the ultimate Pharaoh treatment....a foot rub while listening to the relaxing Pandora Egyptian station (which oddly turned into some rap music by Sean Paul)



Next we were going to watch The Mummy but Eric convinced me to watch Breaking Bad instead...not so Egyptian. And for dinner we made hummus pita sandwiches...not so Egyptian either. But overall Egypt was fun!
Like my Egyptian eye makeup???
Ruby kept giving us this cheesy smile in the Pyramid. She enjoyed the chocolate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment