Sunday, May 26, 2013

Virginia

I was getting very antsy and needing a vacation. I also wanted to see family and my brother-in-law who had gotten back from his mission. So we decided to take a trip to Virginia. Thankfully I was able to get the time off from work.

We drove to Utah and stayed with our friend Brittany and got to see her cute apartment. Ruby loved Brittany.

With only a few hours of sleep, since I stayed up late catching up with Britt, we got up and caught our flight from SLC to Richmond. It was rather early. We were nervous about getting through customs with all our baby gear and how the flight would be. We only had minor issues and Ruby did pretty well for her first flight! Although I don't know if I will ever get use to trying to nurse in public places even if I do have a cover on! I think of that LUVs commercial First Kid, Second Kid.



First flight...passed out! 

I did a horrible job at taking pictures while we were there. I think I literally pulled the camera out once or twice. But here are the few I took. I will have to get more from my in-laws. 



                                                               
Ruby with Grandpa


   Thomas Jefferson's house
                                                       





We are really good at taking family pictures ;)
                                         
Cousins



My little cabbage patch kid

We did lots of things while we were there. We went to the beach, we had family get togethers, and Eric and I were able to go on a date while my in-laws watched Ruby. Poor Eric....we have been on 3 dates since Ruby was born. The first date was the week she was born and my parents watched her. I was so anxious. We went for ice cream and then couldn't figure out what else to do so we came home. The second time was when Eric's parents came out to visit and I made Eric go see Twilight. And then this date I made him go see another Stephanie Meyer film, The Host. 

I also made this count as one of our "dates around the world". But it is always nice to see family and have a break from the daily routines. 

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey! I just love reading your blog! That baby is so sweet! I can't decide if she looks more like you or Eric! :o) When you come to Washington next, e have to get together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! It's hard for me to see who she looks like. Although lots of people say she is a mini Eric. I am jealous you are in Washington. My mom said it's fun to see you at church. We for sure have to get together next time I come!

      Delete