Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Ruby turns FREE! (Three) Birthday letter

Happy 3rd Birthday Ruby Charlotte (you now ask us to call you that...I guess Boo Bah is a little too childish for you now)


I love this three year old business. You were so excited about your birthday. For weeks you would tell everyone that you were going to be "free in Octover"! And now its been almost 2 weeks since your birthday and you still are telling everyone about it or telling them it is your birthday. I am glad it was fun because I was worried about it not being as cool as all the other "pinterest parties". We made Baymax cupcakes and took them to playgroup at the park. And it was a hit. Afterwards, Daddy came home a little early so we could go to Cox farms pumpkin patch. You had a blast. You requested you favorite dinner of pizza. You opened presents from us and you even got a package from Mimi and Boppa. That weekend, Grandpa and Mema came and we celebrated with them too.





We are now in our new place in Chantilly, Virginia. You love the space. It is so much bigger than our tiny apartment in Rexburg. You like to ride your bike out front or on the deck. You have lots of little neighbor kids to play with. And the best part is the awesome park across the street. We visit there often. We have met so many people already and your best friend is Charlotte. We try and do things with them about once a week. You always cry when we have to go back home after playing with Charlotte. I am glad you have other friends because for a while you use to say, "Mom you're my best friend." Which I loved but absolutely felt guilty for!

Right now we are preparing for your twin sisters to come! You are doing surprisingly well with the whole idea. I was really worried about it. But you like to hug and kiss the babies in my tummy....although you also like to "shake" them too. But you always ask about them. If they are sleeping or hungry, or if they like this or that. It's pretty cute. You also have said some pretty great things about them at my doctors appointment. One being that you told the ultrasound tech that "the babies are hatching in momma's buns." I don't know where you come up with these hilarious things. I hope you enjoy them just as much after they are here! Because I know that will be a huge adjustment. Sometimes, I come into your room before I go to sleep and just snuggle you for a bit because I know we won't get as much time together after the girls come.

Speaking of your own room....YOU ARE SLEEPING IN YOUR OWN BED!!!!!!!!! It's a miracle! You still wake up a few times a night to use the bathroom or just scream in your sleep. But I have to say, Daddy and I enjoy the space. We all sleep much better.

Ruby Charlotte your Daddy and I love you so much. You always make us laugh. I can't imagine this family without you. You will be an amazing big sister.

Love Mom and Dad
(A heart means I love you....that's what you always say to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment