So obviously my 4 week challenge got squashed by the Holidays with delicious treats and sweets! But that is okay. I am just going to pick up where we left off.
Eric and I decided to go to the indoor track on campus. I use to think going to the gym was difficult before...but now trying to drag your husband and daughter along makes it that more complicated. I have to plan to feed Ruby right before and hope she falls asleep and doesn't cry and bother all the other "serious" runners at the track.
We got there and I decided to set the bar low. Walk a lap...run a lap...walk a lap. I was so excited to sweat! Starting from square one is not fun when it comes to running. Eric ran into the stroller almost causing a horrific stroller accident. Luckily, I caught him before too much damage was done. I would call it a success. The last run around lap was tiring but it felt so good!
But something I discovered....I am very tough on myself. I am always comparing myself to others and where I think I "should" be. My mom posted this blog on her Facebook Drops of Awesome and it has become my goal for the New Year.
This young mom describes how she often beats herself up for the things she doesn't do. But she realized how destructive these thoughts are. She decided to change her way of thinking...known as "Drops of Awesome".
"Every time you do something good, something kind, something productive, it’s a drop in your Bucket of Awesome. You don’t lose drops for every misstep. You can only build. You can only fill. I walked Magoo to the bus. Drop of Awesome! I fed him fruit with breakfast. Drop of Awesome! I told him I loved him. Drop of Awesome! I wore a bra and brushed my teeth before schlepping it up that hill. Two Fat Drops of Awesome!"
Instead of setting a goal to get fit or lose that baby fat...my goal is "Drops of Awesome". Just getting to the gym was a "Drop of Awesome". Even though I started a load of laundry and forgot to put it in the dryer and it is still sitting in the wash..."Drop of Awesome"for getting it there. Just thinking this way the last couple of days has really changed my mood!
Try it! You will notice a difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment