After being in triage for 6 hours (let me tell you, those beds suck!) they sent me to labor and delivery. I had received 2 different medications to stop the labor and another round of steroid shots in the butt. They were trying to hold off on the magnesium since it has some really yucky side effects. But that is what it came down to. By then, I had called Eric to come back. That magnesium was rough. It makes you feel like you are on fire from the inside. I also remember looking up and not being able to focus. I felt like I was in a big fog and my body felt so heavy I couldn't really move. I remember telling myself I was dying and no one would be there with me while it happened. Right then a nurse walked in and told me it was time to stop the magnesium and Eric walked in right after. I felt so vulnerable and I was just so thankful they were there. My contractions were still continuing but only about every 15 mins or so. They then sent me to the HRP. High Risk Parinatal Unit for more monitoring.
My doctor's really were pushing to get me home before Christmas. My contractions were behaving on a new medication that I took every 4 to 6 hours. They sent me in for another ultrasound. I could see this one was different. Ellie's dopplers (cord blood flow) looked bad. The tech kept checking in multiple places and she was very quite. I decided to prepare myself for a longer stay, that way I wouldn't be so disappointed when they broke the bad news. My doctor brought in the whole team to break the bad news that Ellie had intermittent absent blood flow and that I would need to stay until delivery.
Every day I had an ultrasound and 2 non stress tests. As long as the blood flow was not reversed, and there were no signs of distress, I got to keep the babies cooking. It was stressful not knowing if I was going to be delivering after any one of those tests.
I have to give a shout out to all the nurses that cared for me on HRP. They moved me to a private room just before Christmas so that Ruby and Eric could stay the night on Christmas Eve. I was so thankful and so excited! Normally children cannot stay the night but they made a special exception.
No comments:
Post a Comment